After logging into CU Online for the first time using your account number, you will be required to create an Alternate ID. Before creating an Alternate ID, consider the following:
- Alternate IDs take effect immediately - you will need to use it to log into CU Online on your very next session.
- If you share your account with a joint owner, be sure to let them know that you have created an Alternate ID or they won't be able to access the account.
- Once you create an Alternate ID, you can modify it in the future, but you can never return to using your account number to log into CU Online.
To change your Alternate ID:
- Log into CU Online using your current User ID and password.
- Click the User Options feature at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the Change User ID link from the menu of options provided.
- Create a new Alternate ID that meets the criteria (as shown below).
While the feature is labeled "Change User ID" you're not actually changing your Arizona Federal account number. This change will only apply to CU Online. When contacting the credit union in the future, you will still be asked for your account number.
If you forget your Alternate ID, please contact technical support at (602) 683-1088 and we can provide you with it.