Continuing to maintain a healthy and safe environment while providing a high level of service remains our highest priority. While we’re happy to welcome members back to our branches, the COVID-19 pandemic has helped many members discover convenient banking options that save them time and money!
Updates to Branch Operations
Here are some changes now in place at our branches:
- Members who have been fully vaccinated are not required to wear a mask when visiting our branch lobbies.
- Floor markers and plexiglass germ shields remain in place to protect members and staff who have not been vaccinated.
- Branch appointments continue to be highly recommended. It will reduce your wait time and allow us to serve you more quickly.
Please note, same-day appointments cannot be scheduled online. Please call (602) 683-1000 or stop by a branch if you require immediate assisance.
Drive-thru & ATM Access
For your convenience, drive-thru service and ATM access is available at these locations for deposits (cash and check) and cash withdrawals:
- 16th Street - 1505 E. Southern Ave., Phoenix
- Ahwatukee - 15625 S. 48th St., Phoenix
- Deer Valley - 2650 W. Ross Drive, Phoenix
- Gilbert - 1675 E. Elliot Road, Gilbert
- Glendale - 5485 W. Northern Ave., Glendale
- Scottsdale - 3396 N. Hayden Rd., Scottsdale
- Superstition Springs - 7202 E. Southern Ave., Mesa
- Washington Park - 4475 E. Van Buren St., Phoenix
ATM access is available at these locations for deposits (cash and check) and cash withdrawals:
- Avondale - 13085 W. McDowell Road, Avondale
- Chandler - 2200 S. Gilbert Road, Chandler
- Colonnade - 1945 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix
- Surprise - 15460 N. Reems Road, Surprise
ATM For more locations, including shared branches and CO-OP ATMs, visit our locations page.
Scheduling a Branch Appointment.
For the fastest and most convenient access to our branches, please request an appointment. It will reduce your wait time and help us serve you more quickly.
Phone Service: Extended hold times
Please be patient as we are experiencing longer than average hold times. If you enter your phone number when prompted for a call back (offered M-F, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.), we will keep your place in line and the next available team member will return your call.
Please be aware that representatives are available to assist you 24/7, but certain requests may require a call back during normal business hours (M-F, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.).
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, our branches are open. If you need to visit a branch lobby, we encourage you to schedule an appointment in advance. If you have been fully vaccinated, you are no longer required to wear a mask when visiting a branch lobby.
We will continue to follow CDC guidelines and modify operations as needed to promote health, safety and a high level of member service.
You can easily schedule an appointment online for a future date. We are unable to scheduled same-day appointments online. Please call (602) 683-1000 or stop by a branch if you need immediate assistance.
Based on the latest CDC recommendations, members who have been fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear a mask or face covering when visiting a branch lobby.
You can schedule an appointment at a branch to have a new card instantly printed. You can also give us a call at (602) 683-1000 and we will gladly order you a new card. Please be patient as we are experiencing extended hold times. If you enter your phone number when prompted for a call back (offered M-F, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.), we will keep your place in line and the next available team member will return your call.
If you need help managing your existing Arizona Federal loans or accounts, please contact us at the following phone numbers:
- Residential/Mortgage Loans: (602) 683-1412
- Consumer Loans (auto, credit cards): (602) 683-1212
- Commercial Loans: (602) 683-1723
During uncertain times, your first instinct might be to withdraw all the money from your accounts. But in reality, your money is safer in your account than in your pocket or tucked under your mattress.
You can rest easy knowing your deposits are federally insured up to at least $250,000 through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund. To learn more about your coverage, visit the National Credit Union Administration’s website.
In addition, Arizona Federal remains very well capitalized and is in a strong financial position to weather this storm. We remain committed to playing our part in helping to limit the spread of the coronavirus and assisting our members who may be impacted by the pandemic.